10 Questions You Should Ask Your Realtor
10 Questions You Should Ask Your Realtor
With over 800 Realtors in the Windsor area, selecting the right one to represent you in the sale of your home can be confusing, especially when each one seems so convincing. When it comes time to making one of the most important decisions in your life make sure you’re not risking precious time and money. The key is knowing the right questions to ask when you are choosing a Realtor.
1. What percentage of your business comes from repeat and referral sources?
A. 90% of my business comes from repeat and existing clients.
2. Do you provide a Service Guarantee? Can I get out of the listing agreement at any time if I am not happy with the service being provided? Without any penalties?
A. I provides a Service Guarantee to all of my clients.
3. Will you place my home on the MLSs?
A. 80-90% of all homes are sold by another Realtor (i.e. they bring the buyer). All of my listings are placed on the MLS. As well we fully cooperate with all Realtors.
4. Q. What is my property going to sell for? What should it be listed at? How will you arrive at the price?
A. With 19 years experience as a professional, and access to the most recent comparables I will prepare a professional Current Market Analysis, with a recommendation for an asking price, and what to expect as a sale price for your property.
5. Q. How long will it take to sell my property? How long of a listing period do
A. The average market time varies from year to year dependent on the market conditions. In a buyer’s market there is a surplus of listings and homes tend to take longer to sell. In a sellers market there is a shortage of listings and homes sell quicker. Windsor is currently coming out of a Buyers market. The listing to sale ration in 2012 was 54%, which is balanced. The market time varies from property and is largely dependent on a correct initial asking price. I recommend listings have a minimum 6 month term.
6. Q. Will you provide a professional looking feature sheet on my property?
A. Yes, all listings have a professional listing handout sheet
7. Q. Where will listing sheets be displayed?
A. •Sheets are available to interested buyers, via fax or email.
• Sheets are handed out at Open Houses
9. What is Agency? How does it affect me?
A. Agency is something that is discussed when you begin working with any Realtor. Agency determines who represents who in a real estate transaction. Listing Agents typically represent the Seller and Selling Agents usually representing the Buyer. Entering into a listing or a buyer agency agreement usually commits you to work with the Realtor, you are signing the agreement with
10. Q. What differentiates you from other realtors?
A• I have 19 years experience, and grew up in Windsor – Essex. I know the area.
• I have participated in the sale of over $50,000,000 in real estate transactions.
• I am fully licensed and insured,
• I work with the Multiple Listing Service (MLS®)
•I am able to listen and understand your needs, and advise you on what is best for you now and in the future.
• I get to know you and your home requirements.
• I review and narrow down the potential list of homes for you to view.
• I have access to new listings and am able to advise you on their benefit
• I advise on the housing market in the area that you are interest in, offering advise of what a fair market value of a property may be.
• I offer insight into the community, neighbourhoods, and other developments in the area.
• I do the leg work of arranging showings and take you though home viewings.
• I advise on features, advantages and benefits of each home that you view, as well as point out any potential red flags with each property.
• guide you through the offer and sales process, including preparing all sales documentation and other negotiation aspects of the purchase.
Bonus Q. What are my responsibilities (as a vendor)? What do you expect from me?
I have itemized the steps needed to successfully sell your home in the following reports: